NLU – National Law University, Delhi, has released the official notification confirming the date for the AILET UG 2019 and AILET PG 2019 for admissions to various courses including the LLM program.
Details as per the official AILET PG LLM 2019 notification :
“The National Law University Delhi will conduct “All India Law Entrance Test–2019 (AILET–2019)” for admission to Five Year B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D. Programmes on Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM at various test centres across the country.
The admission notice will be issued in the first week of January 2019 and the Online Application Forms will be available on the University website http://nludelhi.ac.in from first week of January 2019.”
As with previous years, the application form will be completely online and will be available through the official portal at: http://nludelhi.ac.in/
The list of shortlisted / admitted candidates, the current question paper and the provisional / final answer keys are published at the official website as mentioned above.
AILET PG LLM : Syllabus for the entrance exam
The basic syllabus for the paper is of course based on the BCI approved LLB subjects; previous papers also include some “contemporary law awareness” questions that are not covered in depth in the normal LLB syllabus.
The question paper of AILET PG LLM entrance exam will cover the following subject-areas :
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- International Law
- Law of Contracts
- Law of Torts
- Property Law
- Contemporary legal awareness
As per the official announcement, AILET PG 2019 will have 150 multiple choice Objective Type Questions of one mark each which has to be answered in the OMR Sheet.
There is no mention of the essay type questions for 2019, so students can breathe a sigh of relief. The number of Objective questions has been increased to 150 and the total time remains the same at 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes),
‘Negative marking’ has returned to AILET since the 2018 exam. 0.25% or 1/4th mark will be deducted for every wrong answer, whereas there is no penalty for unanswered questions.
Any question with multiple answers marked is considered as a wrong answer.
Eligibility for NLU Delhi PG LLM via AILET 2019
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis.
- To be eligible for admission to the LL. M. Programme, a candidate should have passed the LL.B. or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks on aggregate (50% in case of reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can appear for the Entrance Test subject to a condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
Number of Seats in the NLU Dehli LLM program
Total Seats: 80 [70 Seats on merit through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and 10 Seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit (5 seats for Foreign Nationals & 5 seats for OCI/PIO)]. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET (No. of seats may vary) Reservation: 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates, 5% for Persons with Disabilities.
Note: One additional supernumerary seat for Kashmiri Migrants.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
Timing of AILET – 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm on May 5, 2019 (Sunday)
The detailed notification for the AILET is published in leading national newspapers and on the University website.
Entrance Test (AILET) Scheme
The AILET has 150 Multiple Choice Questions for 150 marks that must be attempted within 1 hour 30 minutes.
Negative marking: There will be Negative Marking in AILET 2019-20. The criteria for negative marking will be based on the formula 0.25*4=1 that means per wrong answer 0.25 Marks will be deducted. Therefore, four wrong answers will lead to deduction of 1 Mark.
Entrance Exam Fee
- General Category/Kashmiri Migrants/Resident of Jammu & Kashmir – Rs.3,050/-
- Persons with Disability – Rs.1,050/-
- SC&ST Category – Rs.1,050/-
- No Entrance Examination fee for SC/ST Below Poverty Line (BPL) only