Syllabus for the TS PGLCET 2018 and Important Subjects & Topics
Note : The UGC NET syllabus for Papers 1 and 2 has been revised from Jan 2019 onward. Check other articles on LawMint.com and also the official website for the latest and updated details. The syllabus for this exam is also expected to change.
Candidates should be thorough in Jurisprudence, Constitutional law, Public international law, Mercantile law, labour laws, crimes and torts, IPR & other laws. However concentration should be on the following.
Part-A : 40 Questions ….. 40 marks
I) JURISPRUDENCE: 20 Questions …20 marks
Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions.
II) CONSTITUTIONAL LAW: 20 Questions …20 marks
Nature of the constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive, Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution.
Part-B : 80 Questions ….. 80 marks
III) PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW: 16 Questions … 16 marks
International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.
IV) MERCANTILE LAW: 16 Questions … 16 marks
General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
V) LABOUR LAW: 16 Questions … 16 marks
Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
VI) CRIMES and TORTS: CRIMES: 16 Questions … 16 marks
Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions. TORTS: General principles of To State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
VII) IPR & OTHER LAWS: 16 Questions … 16 marks Copy right Act, 1957; Patents Act, 2005; Environmental Protection Act, 1986; Human Rights,The Protection of Human Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005
Qualifying Marks – For Ranking in the TSPGLCET 2018
- The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 35% (i.e. 42 marks out of total 120 marks)
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, no minimum qualifying percentage of marks is prescribed.
Important Dates for the TS PGLCET 2018
Notification of TSPGLCET-2018
Commencement of Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.600/- for SC/STs)
Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form without Late Fee
Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs. 500/-
Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs. 1000/-
Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs. 2000/-
Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs. 4000/-
Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate
17-05-2018 to 20-052018
Commencement of Downloading of Hall Tickets
Date and Time of TSPGLCET-2018 Examination (11.00 am to 12.30 pm)
Announcement of Preliminary Key
Last Date of Submission of Objections on Preliminary Key
Announcement of Final Key and Test Entrance Results
TSPGLCET 2018 Test Centers
Telangana Regional Centers
1. Hyderabad West (Kukatpally, Patancheru, Gandipet, Moinabad and surrounding areas)
2. Hyderabad North (Medchal,Gandimaisamma and surrounding areas)
3. Hyderabad Central (Abids, Tarnaka and surrounding areas)
4. Hyderabad East (Ghatkesar, keesara and surrounding areas)
5. Hyderabad South-East (L.B. Nagar, Hayathnagar, Pedda amberpet, Ibrahimpatnam,Ramoji Film City area and surrounding areas)
Andhra Pradesh Regional Centers
Frequently Asked Questions About the TSPGLCET 2018
1. Why have you gone for Online Application Form submission this year?
Online Application Form has many advantages. Completing an Online Application Form is easy and fast compared to the Printed Application Form and ICR/OMR sheet. The Online submission of the Application Form will reduce the whole processing time for a student such as standing in endless queues at Post Offices/ Banks to purchase Printed Application forms, take Demand Draft from bank, submission of completed Application form at the Regional Centres / TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 office.
In addition to this, online system provides efficient & consistent Application tracking information and the ability to search the applications easily. The objective is to gradually make TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 a paper-free similar to AIEEE, GATE with an objective to “SAVE PAPER and SAVE ENVIRONMENT”.
2. How should I submit the Application form?
For TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018, Application form should be submitted ONLY through ONLINE mode.
Please visit the TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 website http://lawcet.tsche.ac.in for more details.
3. How do I apply ONLINE?
Visit the TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 website http://lawcet.tsche.ac.in and go through the information carefully. Be ready with the “mandatory details” and then Click on “APPLY ONLINE” field. It will guide you through the whole process by providing information about TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018.
4. What are the mandatory details for filling in the Online Application Form?
Before filling the Online Application Form, keep ready with the following details to fill in the appropriate fields.
DOCUMENTS TO BE REFERRED
TS/AP Online Center Transaction Id.
Receipt from /TS/AP Online Center
Qualifying Examination Appeared or Passed and Hall ticket Number of the Qualifying Examination
Marks Memo/ Hall Ticket Number of the Qualifying Examination
Date of Birth
Birth Certificate / SSC or Equivalent Certificate
Hall Ticket Number of SSC or Equivalent Examination Certificate
SSC or Equivalent Certificate
Local Status (TS(OU)/Residuary A.P(AU/SVU)/Non-Local)
The Local Candidate Certificate issued by MRO or Competent Authority
Income of Parent(Income less than Rs.1.0 lakh, Rs.1.0 lakh to Rs.2.0 lakhs, more than Rs.2.0 lakhs)
The Income Certificate issued by MRO or Competent Authority
The Caste Certificate issued by the MRO/Competent Authority
The Certificate issued by Competent Authority
5. What are the various modes of payment of Registration fees?
There are two modes of payment. The first mode is through TS/AP Online Center and the other mode is through Debit Card / Credit Card. The locations of TS/AP Online Centres are given in the TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 website.
6. How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the online application form?
On successful submission of the online application form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your mobile phone with the Registration number. Further, your “Filled in Online Application form” containing all the details uploaded from database and typed by you along with Registration number and Barcode will be displayed instantly.
7. What should I do with the “Filled in Application Form”?
You have to take a print and keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully. Use this Registration number for all future correspondence. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy of the “Filled in Online Application form” will be mailed to your e-mail address.
8. Should I upload my photograph and signature?
You need to upload the Photo (size < 50KB) and Signature (size < 30KB) as and when prompted by the system.
9. How much is the Application and Registration fee for TSPGLCET 2018 examination?
Application and Registration fee to appear for TSPGLCET 2018 examination is: Rs.1000/- (for SC/STs Rs.600/-)
10. If I choose the Payment Gateway option, how do I submit the ONLINE Application form?
Before selecting the Debit / Credit card payment mode for Application and Registration fee, the candidate has to be ready with the required mandatory details. After payment, the ONLINE Application form will appear. Fill in all the mandatory details, read the declaration and SUBMIT.
11. Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No, Not Necessary
12. After completing the ONLINE application process and generating printable Application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
No, after completing all the steps up to “Filled in Application Form” generation in ONLINE application process, you can only take print of the application form and cannot modify the data.
13. I did some mistake in filling the details in Online Application, then how to change?
You can contact the TSLAWCET – TS PGLCET 2018 Office or send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at Office Number-.040-27070028
14. If I misplace my copy of the “Filled In Online Application Form”, how to get another copy of it?
You can take a fresh printout of the “Filled In Online Application Form” from the website http://lawcet.tsche.ac.in by giving suitable details.
15. I have missed to take a print of my ONLINE application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
You can take a copy by typing the Registration number and Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket number and take a printout from the www.aplawcet.org by clicking “Print Your Filled In Application Form”.
16. What if I don’t have an Email-id?
Email-id is not a mandatory detail but desirable as you might be intimated regularly important information about TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 from time to time.
17. What if I don’t have a Mobile number?
Mobile number is a mandatory detail as your Transaction Id., Payment confirmation or any other future correspondence is through the correct Mobile number you enter. Hence, if you don’t have a Mobile number enter the mobile number of your parents / guardian or close relatives / friends whom you can trust.
18. My Registration No. is lost, whom should I contact?
If your Registration No. is lost, click the “Forgot Registration Number” contact TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 office. For more details visit CONTACT US on the website : http://lawcet.tsche.ac.in
19. I have pressed the Back / Refresh / ANY button during the Registration Fee Payment through Debit / Credit Card, will that speed up my payment process?
Avoid using Back / Refresh / ANY other buttons during the Registration Fee Payment through Debit / Credit Card, this will not only hamper the whole process but also your submission will be incomplete. Hence, you are advised to have patience during the Online Payment through Bank.
20. I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQ’s, what should I do?
You are advised to go through ALL details thoroughly on the official TSLAWCET – TSPGLCET 2018 website http://lawcet.tsche.ac.in
Still if you do not find an answer to your question contact the LAWCET office. You can also send e-mail to the email@example.com or you can contact at Office Number
21. With the help of the TS/AP Online acquired Transaction Id. I have started filling the Online Application Form. Unfortunately, I did not complete the process by clicking the “SUBMIT” button and the “Filled In Online Application Form” was not generated. Can I use the same Transaction Id. again and restart the filling of the Online Application Form?
Yes, you can use the same Transaction Id. as long as you do not press the “Submit Application” button in Online Application Form.
22. I have paid the Registration Fee, but I do not wish to take the TSPGLCET 2018 exam due to unavoidable reasons. Is the Registration Fee Refundable?
No, the Registration Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
23. Can I exchange the Transaction Id. with my friend?
No, the Transaction Id. is not TRANSFERABLE