The Chhattisgarh Judicial Service Examination is conducted every year by the Chhattisgarh High Court. The notification is published on the High Court’s official website at : highcourt.cg.gov.in and / or the website of the state’s public service commission (If the exam is conducted by the PSC) at Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission
The normal pattern of Preliminary, Main exam and Viva-voce are followed for the Chhattisgarh Judicial Service Exam.
Scheme of Online Preliminary Examination :
(1) Question paper for Online Preliminary Examination shall be of 100 marks and will consist of 100 objective type questions. Each question will have four options for answer, out of which one option will be the correct answer.
(2) Candidates shall have to tick the correct option.
(3) Online Preliminary Examination Paper (Objective Type) shall be evaluated as per entries made on online exam to be assessed on Computer.
(4) The language of question paper of Online Preliminary Examination and Main written Examination will be English and Hindi.
(5) The relatively more meritorious candidates from among those who appeared in the Online Preliminary Examination in the ratio of 1:10 having regard to the number of vacancies shall be declared qualified for appearing in the Main Examination. The candidates obtaining equal marks as obtained by the last qualified candidates shall also be declared as qualified, though, in consequence the number of candidates declared as qualified may exceed the parameter of 10 times the number of Notified Vacancies. The same procedure will be adopted for Viva-voce in the Main Examination while declaring the candidates qualified on the basis of merit possibly three times against the number of vacancies.
(6) The final selection will be on merit on the basis of total marks obtained in the written (Main) Examination and Viva-voce. The decision of the CGPSC with regard to calling the candidates for Viva-voce will be final. The maximum 15 marks are fixed for Viva-voce.
(a) There shall be a screening test in the Online Preliminary Examination to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination. The mark sheet for Online Preliminary Examination will not be issued, nor the marks obtained in that Examination will be added while preparing merit list of the Main Examination.
(b) The candidates remaining absent in the Viva-voce shall be disqualified for the selection
Online Preliminary Examination (No. of Question – 100, Time – 2:00 Hour, Marks – 100)
The Online Preliminary Examination shall be of the duration of two hours consisting of 100 objective type questions from the following:-
1. Indian Penal Code
2. Code of Civil Procedure
3. Code of Criminal Procedure
4. Indian Evidence Act
5. Constitution of India
6. Transfer of Property Act
7. Contract Act
8. Limitation Act
9. The Chhattisgarh Rent Control Act, 2011
10. Court Fees Act
11. Specific Relief Act
12. Registration Act
13. Chhattisgarh Land Revenue Code.
14. The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
15. The Chhattisgarh Excise Act, 1915
Main Examination (Written) (Time – 3:00 Hour, Marks – 100)
For Main Examination, the relatively more meritorious candidates from among those who appeared in the Preliminary Examination in the ratio of 1:10 having regard to the number of vacancies shall be called for final Examination to be conducted which shall consist of:
(i) Framing of issues and writing of Judgement in Civil Cases (Maximum Marks – 40)
(ii) Framing of charges and writing of Judgement in Criminal Cases (Maximum Marks – 40)
(1) English to Hindi (Maximum 10 marks)
(2) Hindi to English(Maximum 10 marks)
Having regard to the number of vacancies, relatively more meritorious candidates from among those who appeared in the Chhattisgarh Judicial Service Main Examination shall be called in the ratio of 1:3 for the viva-voce.