In this article, we will look at the latest 2021 - 2022 academic year, Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University 3 Year and 5 year LL.B Syllabus, notes, study material and LL.M syllabus for the university and it's affiliated or constituent law colleges.
We will also talk about online Lectures, Revision notes and exam guides as per the compulsory BCI LLB subjects.
The university main campus is located in Kanpur, in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India.
LawMint will be releasing Online Courses, Study Material and Notes for 3 year LLB (1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year) and 5 year LLB (3rd, 4th and 5th year) Law Subjects, as per your university's 2021 - 2022 LLB syllabus.
Register your interest using the form below.
Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University LL.B and / or LL.M Approvals and Recognition - by BCI and UGCShri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University is mentioned in the BCI - Bar Council of India's list of approved and recognized universities. All LL.B programs offered in India are overseen by the Bar Council of India.
The BCI approval status may change every few years. Prospective students are advised to check with the university authorities to reconfirm the 2021 and 2022 approval status of the LL.B or LL.M programs.
BCI conducts periodical inspections and grants or extends approvals for the LL.B and LL.M programs.Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University is also duly mentioned in the latest list of recognized universities published by the University Grants Commission - UGC on their official website.
Admission to Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University's LL.B and LL.M in 2021 and 2022Across India, LL.B and LL.M program admissions are conducted through of the following modes :
- The national level Common Law Admission test (CLAT UG for LL.B and CLAT PG for LL.M)
- State level common entrance tests
- Entrance exams conducted by the institutions themselves
- Other popular standardized tests like the LSAT
As per BCI's new legal education rules, LL.M admissions will be conducted through the PGCETL Exam, conducted under the aegis of the Bar Council Trust.
Some institutions may have direct admissions based on marks in the qualifying exam.Prospective students should visit the Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University official website (Link given below in this article) to understand the admissions process.
The university will also follow the reservations and domicile quota policies as mandated by the national and state Governments.
About Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University - General Overview
The Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Kanpur, (Previously known as the Kanpur University) was established in 1966 and has 170 affiliated colleges in 15 districts. The Institute of Legal Studies has been established at UIET-IV building of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University campus in year 2017.
The Institute of Legal Studies has been established to provide higher education in the field of Law in Kanpur Zone. The University also participates in the annual NIRF rankings process.
BCI Standard 2021 LL.B and LL.M Syllabus
Legal education in India is under the purview of the Bar Council of India. Till recently, BCI was prescribing the syllabus for LL.B courses and universities were free to design their own syllabus for LL.M programs.
From 2021 onward, BCI will prescribe the course curriculum and other aspects of LL.M programs across India.
While universities may shuffle the Law Subjects and introduce additional subjects or topics for value addition, all universities have to include the mandatory LLB subjects as listed by the BCI.
BCI Compulsory LL.B Syllabus - Law Subjects Common for 3 Year LLB and 5 year LLBAs mandated by the Bar Council of India's new legal education rules, there will be twenty (20) theoretical subjects, four (4) clinical courses and (6) optional papers from various groups of law subjects. E.g. IPR, International Law, Constitutional Law etc.
In addition, for the 5 year integrated dual degree LLB (BA LL.B, B.Com LL.B, BBA LL.B etc.), there will be a minimum of 14 papers with minimum of 3 subjects, plus 2 compulsory English Language papers.
Refer to our detailed article on the complete BCI LL.B syllabus for 3 year LLB and 5 year LL.B across India.The compulsory LLB Law subjects are as listed below :
Compulsory Theory Subjects
- Jurisprudence (Legal method, Indian legal system, and basic theory of law)
- Law of Contract
- Special Contract/ Commercial Agreements
- Law of Tort including MV Accident and Consumer Protection Laws
- Family Law (2 papers)
- Law of Crimes Paper I : Penal Code
- Law of Crime Paper II : Criminal Procedure Code
- Constitutional Law (two papers)
- Transfer of Property Law
- Law of Evidence
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Administrative Law
- Company Law
- Public International
- Principles of Taxation Law
- Environmental Law
- Labour and Industrial Law (2 papers)
Compulsory Clinical Courses
- Drafting, Pleading and Conveyance
- Professional Ethics (30 marks) & Professional Accounting system (20 marks)
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Moot court exercise and Internship
Optional Subject Groups
- Constitutional Law Group
- Business and Commercial Law Group
- International Trade Law group
- Crime and Criminology group
- International Law
- Law and Agriculture
- Intellectual Property Law
Depending on the availability availability of the faculty for the optional Subjects, universities may offer only a limited set of subjects from among the optionals; as long as the minimum number is fulfilled.Download the 2021 - 2022 Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University 3 year LLB or 5 year LLB syllabus from their official website. (Link is provided below in this article.)
BCI Compulsory LL.M SyllabusAs per the Gazette notification published by the Bar Council of India in 2021, PGP Courses (LL.M. Programs) offered by any university across India shall comprise a minimum of four compulsory taught papers, eight papers from Common Basket or from area of specialization as may be offered by the University and a dissertation under the guidance of a Professor/Associate Professor.
Read our article explaining how the LL.M program structure and syllabus is designed across Indian universities.You can download the 2021 - 2022 LL.M syllabus from the university website (Links below).
Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University LL.B and LL.M Syllabus 2021 - 2022 downloadIn the recent years, the syllabi for LLB and LLM courses across India have undergone frequent changes. These changes are due to the National Education Policy introduced by the central Government in 2020; and the recent updates to the Legal Education Policy by the Bar Council of India.
Students should download the latest version of the 2021 - 2022 LL.B and LL.M syllabus from the university website at : http://www.kanpuruniversity.org/.
Important Note : There may be several old versions of the syllabus available on various websites. Students are advised to download the latest syllabus for the academic year 2021 - 2022 from the university website link below.Link to download the syllabus, course outline or details : Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University
The syllabus document may be available through the syllabus download page, course overview, prospectus or the web-page for the Department, Faculty or School of Law of the university.
Affiliated Colleges, Department, Faculty or School of Law associated with the UniversityIn India, there are two basic types of universities - 'Unitary' - which have one main campus with a department, school or faculty of law; and 'Affiliating' - which have colleges in their jurisdiction affiliated to them; apart from their main campus.
- V. S. S. D. College, Kanpur
- Brahmanand College, Kanpur
- Mahmoodabad Law College, Mahmoodabad
- Dayanand Law College, Kanpur
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Bithoor
- Major Shiv Dayal Singh Law College, Fathegarh, Farukhabad
- Khaitanji Law College, Sitapur
- Manu Law College, Mohamdabad
- Devanshu Samaj Kalyan Sewa Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kannauj
- Adharshila Law College of Professional s,Ataura, Raibareli
- Dr. Govind Prasad Rani Devi Patel Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kanpur
- Ch. Ram Gopal Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kanpur Nagar
- Gulab Fulandar Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Hardoi
- Manyawar Kanshiram Law College, Hardoi, UP
- Gaya Prasad Vidhi Mahavidalaya, Kanpur Nagar
- Pt. R. K. Shukla Collage of law Kanpur Nagar, UP
- Shri Pramod Charan Dwivedi Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kanpur
- Babu Sukhdev Prasad Verma Law College, Kanpur
- S. J. Law College, Kanpur Nagar
- Kunwar Ajay Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Unnao
- G. S. College of Law, Auraiya
- Late Shri Gajendra Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Auraiya
- Shri Gopi Nath Singh Law College, Kannauj
- Ch. Charan Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Etawah
- Lav Kush Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Unnao
- Sarla Dwivedi Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kanpur Dehat
- Aziz College of Law, Ramabai Nagar
- Ram Janki College of Law, Ramabai Nagar
- Manohar Lal Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Unnao
- Dr. Harishankar Mishra Law College, Hardoi, U. P
- Subhash Chandra Bose Law College, Hardoi, U. P
- Ramawati Rajbahadur Law College, Etawah
- Sai Meer Law College, Kannauj
- Shri Babu Singh Daddu Ji Law College, Krishna Nagar, Farukhabad
- Shri Ram Law College, Kanpurnagar
- Shri Babu Singh Law College, Nawabganj, Farrukhabad
- Shri Jay Singh Law College, Sakhwai, Farrukhabad
- Babu Jai Shankar Gaya Prasad Law College, Unnao, UP
- Sri Chandra Bhagwan Law Degree College, Sitapur, UP
- Babu Rameshwar Dayal Law College, Lakhimpur Kheri, UP
- Chaudhary Mahadev Prasad Sitavi Vidhi Mahavidhyalaya Kannauj
- Mahesh Dubey Apurba Vidhi Mahavidhyalaya, Farrukhabad
- Babu Singh Law College, Khandiya Farrukhabad
- Shri Ravinath Singh Law College, Daheliya, Farrukhabad
- K. L. S. College of Law, Kanpur Dehat
- Maharaja Harishchandra College of Law, Gaurkhera, Sawayajpur, Hardoi
- Pt. Parmeshwar Deen Law College, Jhanjhauli, Atrauli, Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
- Shree Mahaveerji Law College, Majlishpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Vishal Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Ekdil, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
- Brajbhushan Singh College of Law, Murcha, Usharahar, Etawah, UP
- Shri Mahipal Singh Law College, Hardoi, UP
- Maa Bhagwati Rajkumar Patel Vidhi Mahvidyalaya, Jagtapur Bangarmau, Unnao, UP
- Nawab Jahan Institute of Legal Studies and International Law, Sitapur
- Manmeet Nagar Law College, Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh
- Ramsamujh Grukul Vidhi Mahavidhyalaya, Chamarruli, Unnao
- Parmeshwar Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr. Anar Singh Law College, Farrukhabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Suman Devi Brij Kishor Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh
- Gautam Buddh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Farrukhabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr. Ram Krishna Rajput Law College, Noorpur, Jasmai Darwaja, Farrukhabad
- B. R. Law College, Tirwa, Kannauj
- G. N. Law Education Centre, Malkhanpur, Kanpur Dehat
- Prachi Law College, Fatteypur Daccan Sen Paschim Para, Naubasta Kanpur
- Jageshwar Prasad Mannu Lal Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Hanspur, Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh
- Mohamadi Law College, Lakhimpuri Kheri
- Shri Ram Avtar Vidhi Mahavidhyalaya, Kanpur Dehat
- Gyan Sthali Degree College, Bharthana, Etawah
Address and location of the universityChatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Kanpur University, Kalynpur, Kanpur – 208024, Uttar Pradesh. (State University).
The email ID and the current phone numbers will be available on the university websites. (Links are provided above in this article.)
Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University LLB Notes, Study Material, Online Lectures and Exam Revision GuideLawMint will be shortly releasing LLB Study Material, LLB Notes and LLB Exam Revision guides as per the Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University LLB syllabus for 2021 and 2022.
You can register your interest using the form below. We will contact you by email as soon as we launch the online study pack for your university syllabus.
If you have any questions about the Shri Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University LL.B syllabus, LLB notes, LL.M course syllabus, notes, admissions process or any general comments or feedback, you can make use of the comments field below; or email us through the 'Contact us' page. (Link is in the footer of this page.)