In this article, we will look at the latest 2021, 3 Year or 5 year LL.B and LL.M course syllabus for M.J.P. Rohilkhand University and it's affiliated or constituent law colleges.
We will also talk about the Study Material, Lecture and Revision notes and exam guides as per the university syllabus.
The university main campus is located in Bareilly, in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India.
LawMint will shortly be releasing Online Courses, Study Material and Notes for LL.B and LL.M courses as per your university's 2021 - 2022 syllabus. Register your interest using the form below.
M.J.P. Rohilkhand University LL.B / LL.M Approvals and Recognition.M.J.P. Rohilkhand University is mentioned in the BCI - Bar Council of India's list of approved universities. All LL.B programs offered in India are overseen by the Bar Council of India.
The BCI approval status may change every few years. Prospective students are advised to check with the university authorities to reconfirm the 2021 and 2022 approval status of the LL.B or LL.M programs.
BCI conducts periodical inspections and grants or extends approvals for the LL.B and LL.M programs.M.J.P. Rohilkhand University is also duly mentioned in the latest list of approved universities published by the University Grants Commission - UGC.
Admission to M.J.P. Rohilkhand University's LL.B and LL.M programs in 2021 and 2022Across India, LL.B and LL.M program admissions are conducted through of the following modes :
- The national level Common Law Admission test (CLAT UG for LL.B and CLAT PG for LL.M)
- State level common entrance tests
- Entrance exams conducted by the institutions themselves
- Other popular standardized tests like the LSAT
Some institutions may have direct admissions based on marks in the qualifying exam. Prospective students should visit the M.J.P. Rohilkhand University official website (Link given below in this article) to understand the admissions process. The university will also follow the reservations and domicile quota policies as mandated by the national and state Governments.
About M.J.P. Rohilkhand University
M.J.P. Rohilkhand University was established in 1975 as an affiliating University. Its status was upgraded to affiliating-cum-residential university in 1985 when four teaching Departments were established in the campus. In 1987 three more Departments were added. In August 1997 Rohilkhand University was renamed as Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University.
The University Department of law came into existence in the year 1987. The University headquarter is located at Bareilly with its territorial jurisdiction extending over the districts of Bareilly, Moradabad, Rampur, Bijnore, Jyotibaphule Nagar, Baduan, Pilibhit and Shahjahanpur.
BCI Standard 2021 LL.B and LL.M SyllabusLegal education in India is under the purview of the Bar Council of India. Till recently, BCI was prescribing the syllabus for LL.B courses and universities were free to design their own syllabus for LL.M programs. However, from 2021 onward, BCI will prescribe the course curriculum and other aspects of LL.M programs across India.
BCI Compulsory LL.B Syllabus - Law Subjects Common for 3 Year and 5 year coursesAs mandated by the Bar Council of India's new legal education rules, there will be twenty (20) theoretical subjects, four (4) clinical courses and (6) optional papers from various groups of law subjects. E.g. IPR, International Law, Constitutional Law etc.
In addition, for the 5 year integrated dual degree programs (BA LL.B, B.Com LL.B, BBA LL.B etc.), there will be a minimum of 14 papers with minimum of 3 subjects, plus 2 compulsory English Language papers.
Refer to our detailed article on the complete BCI LL.B syllabus for 3 year and 5 year LL.B programs across India.The compulsory Law subjects are as listed below :
Compulsory Theory Subjects
- Jurisprudence (Legal method, Indian legal system, and basic theory of law)
- Law of Contract
- Special Contract/ Commercial Agreements
- Law of Tort including MV Accident and Consumer Protection Laws
- Family Law (2 papers)
- Law of Crimes Paper I : Penal Code
- Law of Crime Paper II : Criminal Procedure Code
- Constitutional Law (two papers)
- Transfer of Property Law
- Law of Evidence
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Administrative Law
- Company Law
- Public International
- Principles of Taxation Law
- Environmental Law
- Labour and Industrial Law (2 papers)
Compulsory Clinical Courses
- Drafting, Pleading and Conveyance
- Professional Ethics (30 marks) & Professional Accounting system (20 marks)
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Moot court exercise and Internship
Optional Subject Groups
- Constitutional Law Group
- Business and Commercial Law Group
- International Trade Law group
- Crime and Criminology group
- International Law
- Law and Agriculture
- Intellectual Property Law
Depending on the availability availability of the faculty for the Optional Subjects, M.J.P. Rohilkhand University may offer only a limited set of subjects from among the optionals; as long as the minimum number is fulfilled.
BCI Compulsory LL.M SyllabusAs per the Gazette notification published by the Bar Council of India in 2021, PGP Courses (LL.M. Programs) offered by any university across India shall comprise a minimum of four compulsory taught papers, eight papers from Common Basket or from area of specialization as may be offered by the University and a dissertation under the guidance of a Professor/Associate Professor.
Read our article explaining how the LL.M program structure and syllabus is designed across Indian universities.You can download the 2021 - 2022 LL.M syllabus from the university website (Links below).
Download LL.B and LL.M Syllabus from Official Website of M.J.P. Rohilkhand UniversityIn the recent years, the syllabus for Law courses across India has undergone frequent changes. These changes are due to the National Education Policy introduced by the central Government in 2020; and the updates to the Legal Education Policy by the Bar Council of India.
Students should download the latest version of the 2021 - 2022 LL.B and LL.M syllabus from the university website at : http://www.mjpru.ac.in/.
Important Note : There may be several old versions of the syllabus available on various websites. Students are advised to download the latest syllabus for the academic year 2021 - 2022 from the university website link below.Link to download the syllabus, course outline or details : M.J.P. Rohilkhand University
Affiliated Colleges, Department, Faculty or School of Law associated with the UniversityIn India, there are two basic types of universities - 'Unitary' - which have one main campus with a department, school or faculty of law; and 'Affiliating' - which have colleges in their jurisdiction affiliated to them; apart from their main campus.
- Bareilly College, Bareilly
- K. G. K. College, Moradabad
- Krishna College of Law, Bijnor
- Shriji Institute of Legal Vocational Education and Research’s Silver Law College, Bareilly
- Model Public Law College, Chandausi
- Swami Shukdevanand Law College, Shahjahanpur
- Vivek College of Law, Bijnor
- Hafiz Rehmat Khan Law College, Pilibhit
- Teju Singh Memorial Law College, Shabaipur, Gajraula
- Hakeem Mehtabuddin Hashmi College of Law, Aamroha
- Classic College of Law, Bareilly
- Virendra Kumar Singhal Law College, Moradabad
- Moradabad College of Law, Moradabad
- Dhampur Law College, Dist. Bijnor
- Bankey Bihari College of Law, Badaun
- Lord Mahavira College of Law, Moradabad
- Unique College of Law, Moradabad, 18. Lala Radhey Shyam College of Law, Bijnor
- New Sainik College of Law, Moradabad, U. P
- Shri Dharam Jeet Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Shahjahanpur
- North India College of Law, Bijnor
- Swami Vivekanand Law College, Chandausi, Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh
- Sambhal Law College, Sambhal, UP
- Kundan Singh Memorial College of Law, Amroha, UP
- Lakshya College of Law, Bijnor, U. P
- Abdul Razzaq Law College, Joya, Amroha
- SB College of Law, Bijnor
- Amroha College of Law, Amroha
- Bilal Akhtar Law College, Ujhari, Amroha
- Asian College of Law and Judicial Science, Bareilly
- JK Modern Law College, Dhampur, Bijnor
Address and location of the universityM.J.P.Rohilkhand University, Dori Lal Agarwal Marg, Pilibhit Byepass Road, Bareilly – 243 006, Uttar Pradesh. (State University).
The email ID and the current phone numbers will be available on the university websites. (Links are provided above in this article.)
Study Material, Notes and Revision Guide for M.J.P. Rohilkhand University LL.B and LL.M CoursesLawMint will be shortly releasing Study Material, Notes and Revision guides for LL.B and LL.M courses as per the M.J.P. Rohilkhand University syllabus for 2021 and 2022. You can register your interest using the form below. We will contact you by email as soon as we launch the online study pack for your university syllabus.
If you have any questions about the M.J.P. Rohilkhand University LL.B or LL.M course admissions, notes or any general comments or feedback, you can make use of the comments field below; or email us through the 'Contact us' page. (Link is in the footer of this page.)