In this article, we will look at the latest 2021 - 2022 academic year, Ch Charan Singh University 3 Year and 5 year LL.B Syllabus, notes, study material and LL.M syllabus for the university and it's affiliated or constituent law colleges.
We will also talk about online Lectures, Revision notes and exam guides as per the compulsory BCI LLB subjects.
The university main campus is located in Meerut, in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India.
LawMint will be releasing Online Courses, Study Material and Notes for 3 year LLB (1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year) and 5 year LLB (3rd, 4th and 5th year) Law Subjects, as per your university's 2021 - 2022 LLB syllabus.
Register your interest using the form below.
Ch Charan Singh University LL.B and / or LL.M Approvals and Recognition - by BCI and UGCCh Charan Singh University is mentioned in the BCI - Bar Council of India's list of approved and recognized universities. All LL.B programs offered in India are overseen by the Bar Council of India.
The BCI approval status may change every few years. Prospective students are advised to check with the university authorities to reconfirm the 2021 and 2022 approval status of the LL.B or LL.M programs.
BCI conducts periodical inspections and grants or extends approvals for the LL.B and LL.M programs.Ch Charan Singh University is also duly mentioned in the latest list of recognized universities published by the University Grants Commission - UGC on their official website.
Admission to Ch Charan Singh University's LL.B and LL.M in 2021 and 2022Across India, LL.B and LL.M program admissions are conducted through of the following modes :
- The national level Common Law Admission test (CLAT UG for LL.B and CLAT PG for LL.M)
- State level common entrance tests
- Entrance exams conducted by the institutions themselves
- Other popular standardized tests like the LSAT
As per BCI's new legal education rules, LL.M admissions will be conducted through the PGCETL Exam, conducted under the aegis of the Bar Council Trust.
Some institutions may have direct admissions based on marks in the qualifying exam.Prospective students should visit the Ch Charan Singh University official website (Link given below in this article) to understand the admissions process.
The university will also follow the reservations and domicile quota policies as mandated by the national and state Governments.
About Ch Charan Singh University - General Overview
Chaudhary Charan Singh University (formerly, Meerut University) was established in 1965, to cater to the needs of higher education in western Uttar Pradesh. The University celebrated its silver jubilee in 1991. There are five faculties with 22 UGC sponsored and 35 self financed/job oriented courses being run in the campus. 252 professional colleges/institutions 109 colleges and one constituent college are affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
The CCS University Institute of legal studies was established in 2003.
BCI Standard 2021 LL.B and LL.M Syllabus
Legal education in India is under the purview of the Bar Council of India. Till recently, BCI was prescribing the syllabus for LL.B courses and universities were free to design their own syllabus for LL.M programs.
From 2021 onward, BCI will prescribe the course curriculum and other aspects of LL.M programs across India.
While universities may shuffle the Law Subjects and introduce additional subjects or topics for value addition, all universities have to include the mandatory LLB subjects as listed by the BCI.
BCI Compulsory LL.B Syllabus - Law Subjects Common for 3 Year LLB and 5 year LLBAs mandated by the Bar Council of India's new legal education rules, there will be twenty (20) theoretical subjects, four (4) clinical courses and (6) optional papers from various groups of law subjects. E.g. IPR, International Law, Constitutional Law etc.
In addition, for the 5 year integrated dual degree LLB (BA LL.B, B.Com LL.B, BBA LL.B etc.), there will be a minimum of 14 papers with minimum of 3 subjects, plus 2 compulsory English Language papers.
Refer to our detailed article on the complete BCI LL.B syllabus for 3 year LLB and 5 year LL.B across India.The compulsory LLB Law subjects are as listed below :
Compulsory Theory Subjects
- Jurisprudence (Legal method, Indian legal system, and basic theory of law)
- Law of Contract
- Special Contract/ Commercial Agreements
- Law of Tort including MV Accident and Consumer Protection Laws
- Family Law (2 papers)
- Law of Crimes Paper I : Penal Code
- Law of Crime Paper II : Criminal Procedure Code
- Constitutional Law (two papers)
- Transfer of Property Law
- Law of Evidence
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Administrative Law
- Company Law
- Public International
- Principles of Taxation Law
- Environmental Law
- Labour and Industrial Law (2 papers)
Compulsory Clinical Courses
- Drafting, Pleading and Conveyance
- Professional Ethics (30 marks) & Professional Accounting system (20 marks)
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Moot court exercise and Internship
Optional Subject Groups
- Constitutional Law Group
- Business and Commercial Law Group
- International Trade Law group
- Crime and Criminology group
- International Law
- Law and Agriculture
- Intellectual Property Law
Depending on the availability availability of the faculty for the optional Subjects, universities may offer only a limited set of subjects from among the optionals; as long as the minimum number is fulfilled.Download the 2021 - 2022 Ch Charan Singh University 3 year LLB or 5 year LLB syllabus from their official website. (Link is provided below in this article.)
BCI Compulsory LL.M SyllabusAs per the Gazette notification published by the Bar Council of India in 2021, PGP Courses (LL.M. Programs) offered by any university across India shall comprise a minimum of four compulsory taught papers, eight papers from Common Basket or from area of specialization as may be offered by the University and a dissertation under the guidance of a Professor/Associate Professor.
Read our article explaining how the LL.M program structure and syllabus is designed across Indian universities.You can download the 2021 - 2022 LL.M syllabus from the university website (Links below).
Ch Charan Singh University LL.B and LL.M Syllabus 2021 - 2022 downloadIn the recent years, the syllabi for LLB and LLM courses across India have undergone frequent changes. These changes are due to the National Education Policy introduced by the central Government in 2020; and the recent updates to the Legal Education Policy by the Bar Council of India.
Students should download the latest version of the 2021 - 2022 LL.B and LL.M syllabus from the university website at : http://www.ccsuniversity.ac.in/.
Important Note : There may be several old versions of the syllabus available on various websites. Students are advised to download the latest syllabus for the academic year 2021 - 2022 from the university website link below.Link to download the syllabus, course outline or details : Ch Charan Singh University
The syllabus document may be available through the syllabus download page, course overview, prospectus or the web-page for the Department, Faculty or School of Law of the university.
Affiliated Colleges, Department, Faculty or School of Law associated with the UniversityIn India, there are two basic types of universities - 'Unitary' - which have one main campus with a department, school or faculty of law; and 'Affiliating' - which have colleges in their jurisdiction affiliated to them; apart from their main campus.
- Meerut College, Meerut
- N. A. S. College, Meerut
- J. V. Jain College, Saharanpur
- D. A. V College, Muzaffarnagar
- N. R. E. C. College, Khurja
- Translam College of Law, Meerut
- Mewar Institute of Management, Ghaziabad
- I. M. E. Law College, Sahibabad
- I. P. S. Law College, Ghaziabad
- I. A. M. R. Law College, Ghaziabad
- Janhit College of Law, Greater Noida
- Integrated School of Law, Ghaziabad
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
- S. D. College of Law, Muzafarnagar
- Doon College of Law, Sunderpur Distt. Saharanpur
- B. D. S. School of Law, Meerut
- I. T. S. Law College, Mohan Nagar
- Modern College of Law, Ghaziabad
- Hari College of Law, Saharanpur
- Harlal School of Law, Greater Noida
- I. M. S. Law College, Noida
- Deen Dayal College of Law, Muzaffarnagar
- Dewan Law College, Meerut
- Amity Law School, Greater Noida
- Gandhi Law College, Meerut
- Institute of Law, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Phoolwati Devi Institute of Law, Tatiri, Distt : Bagpat
- Sankalp Institute of Law, Ghaziabad
- I. P. E. M. Law Academy, Ghaziabad
- Shri Swami Vivekanand Law College, Hapur
- Bhagwati College of Law, Meerut
- Shri Ram College of Law, Muzaffar Ngr
- Unique Law College, Modi Nagar, Ghaziabad
- S. V. M. Law College,Sikarpur, (Saraswati Vidya Mandir), Bulandsahar
- Deepanshu Law College, Sharanpur
- Innovative Institute of Law, G. Noida
- Royal College of Law, Ghaziabad
- Reliable Institute of Law, Ghaziabad
- M. M. H. College, Ghaziabad
- B. M. Law College, Muzaffarnagar
- Kamkus College of Law, Ghaziabad
- H. L. M. Law College, Ghaziabad
- Asian Law College, Distt Saharanpur
- Parsandi Devi College of Law, Bilaspur Gautambudh Nagar
- Islamia College of Law, Saharanpur
- Balaji College of Law, Saharanpur
- Shri Krishna College of Law, Saharanpur
- Ornate Institute of Law, Saharanpur
- Global Law College, Ghaziabad
- Jagmohan College of Law, Bhagpat
- Dayawati College of Law, Ghaziabad
- Divine Law College, Meerut
- Mahaveer College of Law, Meerut
- IMIRC College of Law, Ghaziabad
- K. S. College of Law, Shamli
- Krishna College of Law, Saharanpur
- Angoori Devi College of Law Education, Bulandsahar
- Maheshwaram College of Education and Law Management, Bulandsahar
- Walson Institute of Law, Bulandsahar
- Swami Dayal Bhatnagar Law College, Bulandshahar
- Vijay Singh Pathik Institute of Law, Gautam Budh Nagar
- Kaka Horam Singh College of Law, Baghpat
- Shri Roopram Institute of Law, Sharanpur, 66. Indraprastha Law College, Greater Noida
- NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanun Sansthan Greater Noida, UP
- Indcare College of Law, Greater Noida
- Janhit Law College, Saharanpur
- Kailash Institute of Law, Greater Noida
- Krishna Institute of Law, Hapur
- IAMR Law College, Ghaziabad
- Ishan Institute of Law, Gautam Budh Nagar
- Mahipal Institute of Law Education, Bulandshar
- Modern International College of Law, Bulandshar
- Lokmani Law College, Bijnor
- Gayatri Devi College of Law, Baghpat
- V. V. College of Law, Saharanpur
- D. A. V. College of Law, Saharanpur
- S. R. College of Law, Dosa, Ghaziabad
- Shri Vasu College of Law, Chorawala, Muzaffarnagar
- Aakansha College of Law, Muzaffarnagar
- SRC (Smt. Rajrani Chauhan) Law College, Meerut
- Keshav Madhav Vidhi Shikshan Sansthan, Gautam Budh Nagar
- GSBA College of Law, Greater Noida
- Ramkali College of Law, Grater Noida
- IIMT College of Law, Greater Noida
- NCPE College of Law, Gautam Budh Nagar
- Sunder Deep College of Law, Ghaziabad
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Memorial College of Law, Saharanpur
- Shri Roopram Institute of Law, Saharanpur
- S. D. College of Law, Muzaffarnagar
- Chanakya Law College, Saharanpur
- Dayanand Vidyapeeth College of Law, Meerut
- Unique Law College, Muradnagar, Ghaziabad
- Smt. Mohan Kaur College of Law, Baghpat
- Aamna Law College, Dasna, Ghaziabad
- J. P. College for law, Bhagpat
- Shatabdi Law College, Meerut
- Dayanand Vidyapeeth College of Law Meerut, UP
- Ambay College of Law, Hapur
- St. Thomas’ College of Law, Greater Noida
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Modern Degree College of Law, Ghaziabad
- CERT College of Law, Meerut
- KITE Law College, Meerut
- Gurudev College of Law, Shamli
Address and location of the universityChoudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut – 250 004, Uttar Pradesh. (State University).
The email ID and the current phone numbers will be available on the university websites. (Links are provided above in this article.)
Ch Charan Singh University LLB Notes, Study Material, Online Lectures and Exam Revision GuideLawMint will be shortly releasing LLB Study Material, LLB Notes and LLB Exam Revision guides as per the Ch Charan Singh University LLB syllabus for 2021 and 2022.
You can register your interest using the form below. We will contact you by email as soon as we launch the online study pack for your university syllabus.
If you have any questions about the Ch Charan Singh University LL.B syllabus, LLB notes, LL.M course syllabus, notes, admissions process or any general comments or feedback, you can make use of the comments field below; or email us through the 'Contact us' page. (Link is in the footer of this page.)