The Osmania University has announced that the Telangana State Eligibility Test – TSSET 2018 will be held on the 15th July, 2018 (Sunday) for determining the eligibility of Telangana Students for Assistant Professor & Lecturer-ship posts in Telangana Universities and Colleges.
Note : The syllabus for the UGC NET papers 1 & 2 has been changed since Jan 2019; so the syllabus for this exam is also expect to change.
The TSSET 2018 examination will be conducted at seven regional centers across the State. (See the list of cities & towns at the end of this article).
One of the subjects for Paper II of the exam is Law. This article specifically covers the TSSET 2018 Law Paper II.
Important Dates for the TSSET 2018 – Law Paper II & Paper I
|TSSET Law 2018 Notification||08-03-2018|
|Commencement of Submission of Online Applications||14-03-2018|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application without Late Fee||14-04-2018|
|With late fee of Rs. 1500/- + Registration Fee||24-04-2018|
|With late fee of Rs. 2000/- + Registration Fee||04-05-2018|
|With late fee of Rs. 3000/- + Registration Fee (For Hyderabad centre only)||15-05-2018|
|Download of Hall Tickets for the TSSET Law 2018 Exam||25-06-2018|
|Date of the TSSET Law 2018 Examination||15-07-2018|
The eligibility for Assistant Professor roles will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of TSSET 2018 in aggregate. The candidates who qualify the test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities/Colleges/State Governments.
Eligibility Criteria for TSSET 2018 – Law Paper II & Paper I
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC in Law (LLM) are eligible to take the TSSET 2018 Law subject.
- In case of the Backward Classes (BC) / Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for the TSSET 2018 .
- The candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or the candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for eligibility for Assistant Professor / Lecturer-ship after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of BC/SC/ST/PwD (persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for SET examination as are available to SC/ST/ PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/BC categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph. D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e from 55% to 50%) for appearing in TSSET 2018.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor print out of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to SET office. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the TS-SET at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiu.ac.in)
Age Limit & Number of attempts for TSSET 2018
- There is No Upper age limit to apply for TS-SET examination.
- Number of Chances: A candidate can avail any number of chances.
Official Syllabus , Scheme of test, date and time for the TSSET 2018
The TSSET 2018 will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 15th July, 2018 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1 Hour (10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M)|
|Second||II||200||100 questions all are compulsory||2 Hours (11:15 A.M. to 01:15 P.M.)|
Paper – I of the TSSET 2018 shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, Comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Question paper for Paper-I is common for all subjects in which SET is conducted and it will be bi-lingual (English and Telugu)
Paper – II Law of the TSSET 2018, shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the syllabus mentioned below in this article. Since Paper III has been removed and the scope of the current Paper II has been increased, all the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
Paper – II Law of the TSSET 2018 will be bi-lingual (English and Telugu)
Syllabi for all SET subjects can be downloaded from the TSSET website www.telanganaset.org. TSSET will not send the syllabus to individual candidates
There is no negative marking in the TSSET 2018 exam
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Admit Card for the TSSET 2018
It may be noted that the admission card will be uploaded on the website: www.telanganaset.org on 25th June, 2018.
No admission cards will be sent to the candidates by post.
The candidates should download their admission cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Admission Card and appear the examination only at the designated examination center.
No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admission card.
Examination Centers for TSSET 2018
The examination will be conducted in Seven-Regional Centers :
|Center Code >||Regional Center||Center Code >||Regional Center|
|1 >||Adilabad||5 >||Nalgonda|
|2 >||Hyderabad||6 >||Nizamabad|
|3 >||Karimnagar||7 >||Warangal|
No request for change of center will be entertained under any circumstances. For subjects where the strength of the candidate is less than 150, the examination center will be at Hyderabad only. No requests will be entertained.
Results of the TSSET 2018
The results of the TSSET 2918 will be made available on the website: www.telanganaset.org as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
Contact Details for the TSSET 2018
Telangana State – State Eligibility Test
Second Floor, Block, PGRR Centre for Distance Education, Osmania University,
Hyderabad – 500 007, Telangana State
E-mail : email@example.com