If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is White-collar crime law practice?
White-collar crime legal practice covers compliance and investigation aspects of corruption, bribery, anti-trust issues, employee fraud and embezzlement, financial misstatements, vendor fraud, management fraud, and intellectual property theft involving employees, management, directors and third parties.
White-collar crime can have domestic and international implications; requiring law firms to often leverage their working relationships with various Indian and international legal establishments and investigative agencies.
White collar crime in India usually occurs due to contravention of anti-bribery and corruption laws; corporate and accounting fraud; insider trading; data privacy, protection and security related issues.
In addition to the Companies Act and the normal criminal and civil laws in India, lawyers engaged in this practice area may require a working knowledge of global statutes such as FCPA, UKBA; corporate compliance; and money laundering regulations.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
The range of activities in this practice are include:
- conducting internal audits and due diligence,
- whistle blower and internal investigations
- creating appropriate risk mitigation strategies, comprehensive ethics frameworks
- background checks and asset tracing,
- investigation support on allegations of asset misappropriation, misreporting, misstatement and diversion of funds
- representation in investigations, criminal trials and appellate proceedings before courts,
- corporate investigations
- incident response services
- anti-trust and cartel investigations
- trainings and awareness sessions
With the increasing dependence on electronic records and communication, the law firm also needs to be conversant with preservation of evidence and legal review of electronically or digitally stored information.
White collar crime is a practice that has significant overlap with Anti-corruption and anti-bribery practice areas. While the latter is usually more external in nature; the former is more internal in terms of implications.
Best Law Firms for White-collar crime Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- ALMT Legal – Bengaluru, Mumbai
- Anand & Anand – New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Noida
- AP & Partners – New Delhi
- Argus Partners – Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- BTG Legal – Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru
- Chadha & Co – New Delhi
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- DSK Legal – Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune
- Dua Associates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Ezy Laws – Mumbai, Lucknow, New Delhi
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gaggar & Partners – New Delhi
- Hammurabi & Solomon Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- IndusLaw – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Kanga & Company – Mumbai
- Karanjawala & Company – New Delhi
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices) – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Law Offices of Panag & Babu – Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Majmudar & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New York
- Manilal Kher Ambalal & Co Advocates, Solicitors & Notary – Mumbai
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- MZM Legal, Advocates & Legal Consultants – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Phoenix Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- PSA Legal Counsellors – New Delhi, Chennai
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- Shivadass & Shivadass – Bengaluru
- Singhania & Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Trilegal – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai
- Veritas Legal – Mumbai
- Vertices Partners – Mumbai, Gurugram
- Vidhii Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi