If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at email@example.com
What is Technology, Media, Telecom – TMT – law practice?
Technology, Media, Telecom legal practice or TMT as it is often referred to, is a very popular service area, with almost all big law firms having a dedicated team to support their clients.
There is a significant overlap of the TMT practice with other areas such as internet and data-privacy, intellectual property law and Media and entertainment.
Some of the activities in this practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, compliance, anti-trust and competition, corporate advisory, financing and capital markets, litigation and tax matters in relation to clients operating on the TMT sector.
In the media space, law firms may assist clients in drafting and negotiating various agreements such as media, audio, films or web series distribution agreements, Broadcast Content licensing, Media licensing, Software and technology licensing, satellite broadcasting or streaming media agreements.
Media law also has a major IP law component, wherein Law firms work on strategies for acquisition and licensing of various media Intellectual Property Rights and providing litigation support on anti-piracy issues.
In the Telecom space, law firms advise and assist on regulatory, policy, compliance, information technology, outsourcing, data privacy and protection, and contractual and interconnection agreements. Telecommunication is one of the most regulated businesses in India; especially since it has a direct impact on a large section of the population.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
With the roll out of digital networks and increasing penetration of broadband services, the lines between media and telecom are becoming more and more blurred – leading to a ‘convergence’. For example, several players offer comprehensive services where they offer set-top boxes, apps platforms, OTT or streaming websites for delivering media content – using their own broadband connections; which also includes a conventional ‘landline’ telephone.
The main legal frameworks affecting the TMT practice include:
- Cable Network Television Rules, 1994
- Cinematograph Act, 1952
- Copyright Act, 1957
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Indian Telegraph Act, 1885
- Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1933
- Information Technology Act, 2000
- Up-linking and down-linking guidelines
- FDI and Foreign exchange laws
The regulations, tariff orders and directions on telecom and internet policies issued by the government regulator cover the procedural aspects.
Regulators that the law firms have to track in the TMT practice include:
- Advertising Standards Council of India
- Central Board of Film Certification
- Department of Electronics & Information Technology
- Department of Telecommunications
- Indian Broadcasting Foundation
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
Best Law Firms for Technology, Media, Telecom Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Aarna Law – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Mumbai
- Advaita Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- ALMT Legal – Bengaluru, Mumbai
- AP & Partners – New Delhi
- Athena Legal – New Delhi
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Calibre Legal – Chennai
- Chadha & Co – New Delhi
- Chandrakant M Joshi – Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad
- Crawford Bayley & Co – Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Desai & Diwanji – Mumbai, Gurugram, New Delhi
- Dhir & Dhir Associates – New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- DMD Advocates – Mumbai, New Delhi
- DSK Legal – Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune
- Factum Law – Chennai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mysuru
- Gaggar & Partners – New Delhi
- Gagrats – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Hammurabi & Solomon Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- Ikigai Law – New Delhi, Bengaluru
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- Indian Law Partners – New Delhi, Mumbai
- IndusLaw – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- Inttl Advocare – Noida, Mumbai, New Delhi
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Kanga & Company – Mumbai
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Krishna & Saurastri Associates – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Legasis Partners – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Hyderabad
- Lex Consult – Mumbai
- LexOrbis – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru
- Link Legal India Law Services – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad
- Majmudar & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New York
- Mani Chengappa & Mathur – Bengaluru
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Naik Naik & Co – Mumbai
- Nishith Desai Associates – Mumbai
- Phoenix Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Pier Counsel – Gurugram
- PSA Legal Counsellors – New Delhi, Chennai
- RNC Legal (Rajinder Narain & Co) – New Delhi
- Royzz & Co Attorneys at Law – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Chennai
- S&R Associates – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Saikrishna & Associates – New Delhi, Noida, Mumbai
- Samvad Partners – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi
- Sarthak Advocates & Solicitors – New Delhi
- Scriboard – New Delhi
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- Shivadass & Shivadass – Bengaluru
- Sim & San – Faridabad
- Singhania & Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Spice Route Legal – Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi
- SS Rana & Co – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida
- Trilegal – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai
- Veritas Legal – Mumbai
- Wakhariya & Wakhariya – Mumbai