If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at email@example.com
What is Structured Finance and Securitization law practice?
Securitization and structured finance law practice involves the knowledge and practice of multiple disciplines – including accounting and law.
To explain the concept of Securitization in simple terms – it is the process whereby a predictable revenue stream, such as rents relievable, loan repayments, trade receivables, film rights or royalty payments are converted into the form of marketable securities (financial instruments), to raise capital.
Securitization is primarily a structured finance instrument, that transforms future receivables and illiquid financial assets into liquid assets that can be sold into the capital markets. Securitization often involves the creation of a legal entity called as a Special Purpose Vehicle, to which the assets and revenue streams are transferred and which in-turn issues the securities.
Some of the forms of securitization that have become popular in the Indian market are discounting of commercial properties rent receivables and Real estate investment trusts having annuity type cash flows.
The securitization market in India is still quite nascent and evolving rapidly. The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 is one of the regulatory mechanisms covering this area of law.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
The SARFAESI act seeks to provide a mechanism for controlling of non-performing assets and securitisation of the same through special purpose vehicles, namely, securitisation and reconstruction companies. The RBI has been issuing various rules and frameworks for Securitisation of Standard Assets and the Sale of Loans – complying the Basel III guidelines.
The clients in this practice are may be financial institutions, NBFCs, concessionaires, foreign portfolio investors, mutual funds, private equity funds, alternative investment funds, and government bodies.
Best Law Firms for Structured Finance and Securitization Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Agama Law Associates – Mumbai
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Desai & Diwanji – Mumbai, Gurugram, New Delhi
- Dhaval Vussonji & Associates – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi
- Economic Laws Practice – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai
- Ezy Laws – Mumbai, Lucknow, New Delhi
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gagrats – Mumbai, New Delhi
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- Intelia Law Offices – New Delhi
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Kanga & Company – Mumbai
- Lex Consult – Mumbai
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Phoenix Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Sarthak Advocates & Solicitors – New Delhi
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- SK Singhi & Co – Kolkata, New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram
- SNG & Partners – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Vidhii Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi
- ZBA – Mumbai