If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Project development – Power law practice?
For a growing economy like India, Power is one of the essential infrastructure components. Power generation in India traditionally included conventional sources, such as coal, natural gas, oil, nuclear power and hydroelectric units. In the recent years, there is a significant growth in green and renewable modes of power generation; such as wind, solar and agricultural waste (e.g., Sugarcane Bagasse).
Law firms in this practice area have to deal with the normal infrastructure project related aspects such as:
- project planning and due diligence,
- commercial viability evaluation,
- assessment and assigning political, regulatory and financial risks,
- negotiation and agreements with the various stakeholders
- securing regulatory and environmental approvals
- establishment of the appropriate corporate and governance structures
- advising through the development, construction and operational phases
- ongoing regulatory compliance and monitoring frameworks
Like all core infrastructure areas, power is a highly regulated area; which makes it essential for law firms to stay abreast of the constantly evolving business and legal scenarios.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
The primary legislative framework relating to the electricity sector in India is provided by the Electricity Act, 2003, which governs the generation, transmission, distribution and trading of electricity, including the tariff for sale of electricity.
In addition, companies engaged in establishing and running power projects in India have to deal with regulations in every stage of the project. Be it environmental or FDI considerations at the outset, a plethora of regulations around procuring inputs such as coal or natural gas for the power generation, complying the myriad transmission and distribution regulations to dealing with competition and anti-trust issues.
Legal practice in this area also requires a strong policy and regulation expertise.
Best Law Firms for Project development – Power Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Aarna Law – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Mumbai
- Advaita Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Agama Law Associates – Mumbai
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- ALMT Legal – Bengaluru, Mumbai
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Brus Chambers, Advocates & Solicitors – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Desai & Diwanji – Mumbai, Gurugram, New Delhi
- Dhir & Dhir Associates – New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- DMD Advocates – Mumbai, New Delhi
- DSK Legal – Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune
- Economic Laws Practice – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gagrats – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Halder & Associates – New Delhi
- Hammurabi & Solomon Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- IndusLaw – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Juris Legal – New Delhi
- Kanga & Company – Mumbai
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Krishnamurthy & Co – K Law – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai
- L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices) – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Legacy Law Offices – New Delhi, Chandigarh, Solan, Kurukshetra, Mumbai
- Link Legal India Law Services – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Phoenix Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- PSA Legal Counsellors – New Delhi, Chennai
- Rajani Associates – Mumbai
- RNC Legal (Rajinder Narain & Co) – New Delhi
- Samvad Partners – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi
- Sarthak Advocates & Solicitors – New Delhi
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- Singhania & Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- SK Singhi & Co – Kolkata, New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram
- Spice Route Legal – Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi
- SS Rana & Co – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida
- Trilegal – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai
- Wakhariya & Wakhariya – Mumbai