If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at email@example.com
What is Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment funds law practice?
These days Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment funds related legal practice has become a ‘hot and happening’ and high-profile area.
Every day we hear about big ticket investments by Private Equity and venture capital players, eye-watering valuations of start-ups, mergers, take-overs, acquisitions and buy-outs across the entrepreneurial ecosystems. Law firms play a big part behind the scenes in making all of the above happen – from planning to execution.
In addition, there are several high value transactions and deals that happen routinely out of the public eye – such as private investments in public equity, going-private transactions, exits and distress sales.
The work in this are includes:
- Conducting due diligences and research to identify legal risks
- Advising on capital and organization structures for fund investment with focus on repatriation of profits and exits
- Tax planning and regulatory procedures and approvals
- Negotiating the terms and conditions of individual investments with portfolio companies
- Providing advice on monitoring and maintenance of investments
- Planning and managing the capital requirements at various stages in the corporate life cycle
- Drafting and reviewing documentation at every stage of the investment cycle
While this is indeed a glamorous area of practice; it involves a humungous amount of background work due to the complex legal, regulatory and tax implications.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
The clients in this area of practice range from individual investors (Angel Investors), institutional investors, niche organizations like incubators and accelerators to mega funds operating internationally.
Law firms in Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment funds related practice also tend to build expertise in one or more sectors or industries; such as financial services, insurance, manufacturing, retail, e-commerce, consumer products, hospitality, healthcare, education, and pharmaceuticals.
Best Law Firms for Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment funds Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Agama Law Associates – Mumbai
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- Anand & Anand – New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Noida
- Assentio Legal – Chennai, Bengaluru
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- DMD Advocates – Mumbai, New Delhi
- DSK Legal – Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune
- Factum Law – Chennai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mysuru
- Intelia Law Offices – New Delhi
- Karanjawala & Company – New Delhi
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Nishith Desai Associates – Mumbai
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- Veritas Legal – Mumbai