If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at email@example.com
What is Pharma, Healthcare and Life Sciences law practice?
Pharma, Healthcare and Life sciences is a booming sector in India – both from a domestic consumption and export perspectives. A significant percentage of the world’s pharmaceutical products and vaccines are manufactured in India. This presents a huge opportunity for Law firms to specialize in this practice area.
As with most other countries, drugs are considered to be essential commodities in India; hence their manufacture, prices, distribution and exports are strictly controlled by the Government.
Law firms provide advice and assistance on various aspects such as drug price control, regulatory approvals, safety and efficacy issues, approval of biosimilars, import-export of drugs and ingredients, drug marketing, clinical trials, compliance, regulatory and policy issues, ethics, data exclusivity and protection, labelling and legal metrology and hospital operations.
Pureplay pharmaceutical practices support the entire lifecycle of drug development and marketing, including product approvals; patent filings; manufacturing, distribution, licensing agreements; pricing issues; branding and promotion; product recall; and disputes.
This area of practice has an overlap with Intellectual Property practices, International trade and WTO, technology & data privacy, dispute resolution, taxation and employment and Insurance practices (Since health Insurance can also be categorized under healthcare.)
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
The regulatory framework affecting this area of practice includes:
- The Competition Act, 2002
- The Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- The Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 2013
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
- The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954
- The Patents Act, 1970
- The Trade Marks Act, 1999
- The environmental protection laws
- Data protection and privacy laws
This sector also sees some emerging new practice areas such as Health-IT and telemedicine.
Best Law Firms for Pharma, Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Anand & Anand – New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Noida
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- K&S Partners – Gurugram, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Majmudar & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New York
- Nishith Desai Associates – Mumbai
- R K Dewan & Co – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Indore, Bengaluru
- Remfry & Sagar – Gurugram, Chennai, Bengaluru