If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is International Trade and WTO law practice?
In principle, nations across the world may agree to free international trade practices and free market access. However, political and economic considerations like protecting local industry and negating unfair pricing may require resorting to international trade remedies; under the aegis of the WTO – World Trade Organization.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) deals with the global rules of trade between nations. Its main function is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.
WTO provides countries with trade remedies such as anti-dumping duties, subsidies and countervailing measures and safeguard duties; which can be used by the member nations and have far reaching implications for international businesses. Indian businesses operating internationally may routinely need expert legal advice and assistance on various aspects of the WTO processes, such as:
- Trade Remedies. E.g., antidumping, countervailing duty, safeguard and other proceedings.
- Trade Policy advisory – to effectively leverage bilateral Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- WTO Dispute Settlement and bilateral FTAs dispute resolution mechanisms
- Generalized Scheme of Preference – which includes making representations before various US regulatory bodies
- Trade in services related issues under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
The three important WTO agreements that cover the six main areas of international trade – i.e., goods, services, intellectual property, disputes and trade policy reviews are as below:
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
- General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
- Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
Law firms in this practice area are also required to work with various bodies, including the Designated Authority in India, the Appellate Tribunal, High Courts of various Indian states under their writ jurisdiction and the Supreme Court of India.
Best Law Firms for International Trade and WTO Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Advaita Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- APJ-SLG Law Offices – New Delhi
- Archeus Law – New Delhi
- Athena Legal – New Delhi
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Clarus Law Associates – New Delhi
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- DGS Associates – New Delhi, Guwahati
- DMD Advocates – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Dua Associates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Economic Laws Practice – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- IndusLaw – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- International Trade Law Consultants – New Delhi
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Kachwaha & Partners – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Krishna & Saurastri Associates – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai
- L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices) – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Saikrishna & Associates – New Delhi, Noida, Mumbai
- Sarvada Legal (formerly Seetharaman & Associates) – New Delhi
- Shivadass & Shivadass – Bengaluru
- TPM Solicitors & Consultants – New Delhi