If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Environmental law practice?
Environmental law is an increasingly important area of specialization for law firms in India. Conservation of environment and sustainable use of natural resources is reflected in the constitutional framework of India and also in the international commitments of the country.
The increasing environmental awareness in the country also coincides with an upward trend in terms of regulatory enforcement. These days, all significant projects and businesses in India have to comply with a wide range of environmental laws and regulations such as:
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1974
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1981
- Environment (Protection) Act 1986
- E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016, as amended in 2018
- Bio-Medical Waste Management Rules 2016
- Plastic Waste Management Rules 2016
- Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016
- Construction and Demolition Waste Management Rules 2016
- Hazardous and Other Waste (Management and Transboundary Movement) Rules 2016, as amended in 2019
- Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules 1989
- Coastal Regulation Zone Notification 2019
- Environment Impact Assessment Notification 2006
- Wild Life (Protection) Act 1972
- Forest (Conservation) Act 1980
- Public Liability Insurance Act 1991
- Biological Diversity Act 2002
- National Green Tribunal Act 2010
Apart from the above regulatory frameworks, Law Firms may also advise clients on the softer aspects such as Public Relations Management and Corporate Social Responsibility – in connection with the environment.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
Some of the key regulatory authorities in this area of practice are:
- Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC)
- Central Pollution Control Board
- State Pollution Control Boards
- District Level Authorities or Municipal authorities
In addition, law firms may assist clients to liaise with NGOs and other organizations wherever required.
Law firms assist and advise companies in their environmental risk analysis as part of any new project, help with establishing internal environmental management systems and conducting environmental due diligence wherever required.
Best Law Firms for Environmental Law Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- Archeus Law – New Delhi
- Athena Legal – New Delhi
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Chandhiok & Mahajan – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai
- Desai & Diwanji – Mumbai, Gurugram, New Delhi
- Dua Associates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Enviro Legal Defence Firm – New Delhi, Gangtok, Pune, Ranchi
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gaggar & Partners – New Delhi
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Kachwaha & Partners – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- PSA Legal Counsellors – New Delhi, Chennai
- Saikrishna & Associates – New Delhi, Noida, Mumbai
- Sarthak Advocates & Solicitors – New Delhi
- Singhania & Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- SKS Law Associates – New Delhi, Faridabad
- SS Rana & Co – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida
- Trust Legal – New Delhi, Kochi, Ahmedabad
- Vidhii Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi