If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Corporate Tax and Taxation law practice?
Companies in India have to deal with a range of direct and indirect taxes levied by the Central and State Governments and some minor taxes levied by the local authorities.
Firms have to plan their business and operations taking into consideration taxes and duties such as Excise Duty, Customs Duty, Goods and Services tax, Corporate and Personnel Income Tax, Company and Partnership Income and Capital gains tax.
While the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in 2017 has streamlined the taxation process to a large extent; there are still several areas of taxation that can have significant impact on the financial and operational aspects of the company; and need the specialized advice and assistance from legal and tax experts.
Law firms with Corporate & Taxation practice advice their clients on aspects such as transition procedures, ESOPs, double taxation avoidance agreements, permanent establishment advisory, tax litigation, comparative analysis for choice of jurisdiction for investment, anti-profiteering, backward area exemptions & incentives, incentives granted to EOUs, STP units or SEZ units, classification, refunds, input credits, tripartite contracts, transactions in securities, incentive programs, trade promotion schemes, transfer Pricing, subvention income, securitization and applicability of schemes in the Foreign Trade Policy.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
GST Advisory often forms a major service area for law firms with Taxation Law practice.
Law Firms provide services relating to GST returns and assessments, GST advisory, tax compliance reviews, contract reviews, due diligence and litigation. GST related services may span across the following:
- GST Advisory Services
- GST Transition Assistance
- GST Training & Implementation support
- GST Review & Planning
To summarize, law firms can offer a wide range of legal services to multinationals, domestic corporations, firms and individuals in designing, implementing and optimizing their overall direct and indirect tax strategy.
Best Law Firms for Corporate Tax and Taxation Law Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Aarna Law – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Mumbai
- Advaita Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- ALMT Legal – Bengaluru, Mumbai
- AMLEGALS – Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Gurugram
- Argus Partners – Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bhasin Sethi & Associates – New Delhi, Gurugram
- BMR Legal – New Delhi
- Chadha & Co – New Delhi
- Crawford Bayley & Co – Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- DMD Advocates – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Dua Associates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Economic Laws Practice – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai
- Ezy Laws – Mumbai, Lucknow, New Delhi
- Factum Law – Chennai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mysuru
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gagrats – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Hammurabi & Solomon Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- HSB Partners – Chennai
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- Kanga & Company – Mumbai
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices) – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Little & Co – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Majmudar & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New York
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Nishith Desai Associates – Mumbai
- Phoenix Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Pier Counsel – Gurugram
- Reina Legal – Gurugram, Mumbai
- Royzz & Co Attorneys at Law – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Chennai
- Saakshya Law – Bengaluru
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- Shivadass & Shivadass – Bengaluru
- SK Singhi & Co – Kolkata, New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram
- SS Rana & Co – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida
- TLC Legal – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bengaluru
- Trilegal – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai
- Vaish Associates – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru