If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Competition and Antitrust law practice?
Competition law is concerned with the study of markets to ensure that there is competition between the suppliers in any market and that this competition benefits consumers.
It involves assessing various actions of the participants in the markets; and how these actions will affect competition and consumers. Competition and Antitrust law practice includes advising clients on transactions and investigations involving abuse of dominance, anticompetitive agreements and merger filings arising from global or domestic mergers and acquisitions. The Competition Act, 2002 was enacted with the objective of preventing anti-competitive practices, promoting and sustaining competition, protecting the interest of consumers and ensuring freedom of trade.
The act seeks to control anti-competitive agreements and prevent of abuse of dominant positions by large enterprises. Agreements between competitors, including cartels, involving price-fixing, limitation or control of production, market-sharing or bid rigging can have an adverse effect on competition and customers.
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is the statutory body created to enforce the Act.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
Law firms advise clients on the implications of joint venture agreements and horizontal cooperation agreements; enabling firms to negotiate and enter into commercial agreements knowing that they will not be in breach of the competition rules. Law firms also provide representation to clients in various fora such as the Competition Commission of India (CCI), the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT), the High Court and the Supreme Court. To summarize, the Competition and Antitrust legal practice includes:
- Consulting – general advisory on competition matters and compliance programmes such as audits and preparedness.
- Litigation – representation in investigations and adjudications by the CCI and appearances before the NCLAT and the Courts.
- Transactions – Combination filings and competition assessments.
Best Law Firms for Competition and Antitrust Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Advaita Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- ALMT Legal – Bengaluru, Mumbai
- Anand & Anand – New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Noida
- Argus Partners – Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Athena Legal – New Delhi
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Chadha & Co – New Delhi
- Chandhiok & Mahajan – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Desai & Diwanji – Mumbai, Gurugram, New Delhi
- DMD Advocates – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Dua Associates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Economic Laws Practice – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai
- Factum Law – Chennai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mysuru
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gaggar & Partners – New Delhi
- Gagrats – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Hammurabi & Solomon Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- IndusLaw – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Krishna & Saurastri Associates – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai
- L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices) – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Link Legal India Law Services – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad
- Majmudar & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New York
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- P&A Law Offices – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- PSA Legal Counsellors – New Delhi, Chennai
- RNC Legal (Rajinder Narain & Co) – New Delhi
- Saikrishna & Associates – New Delhi, Noida, Mumbai
- Samvad Partners – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi
- Sarvada Legal (formerly Seetharaman & Associates) – New Delhi
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai
- Shivadass & Shivadass – Bengaluru
- Talwar Thakore & Associates – TT&A – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Trilegal – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai
- Veritas Legal – Mumbai