If you are providing internship opportunities for Law Students or fresh Law Graduates, publish your advertisement on LawMint.com for free and reach 1000's of Law students across India.
Just send us the details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Aviation, Aerospace and Defence law practice?
Aviation law practice has many facets, such as the transactional and legal aspects of sale and lease as well as other financing options of aircrafts, equipment and parts thereof and MRO and Ground Handling services.
It includes drafting and reviews of aircraft leasing agreements (wet and dry) and other commercial agreements and aircraft re-insurance claims.
Aviation and Aerospace firms have to comply with the requirements of various laws and regulatory frameworks such as:
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
- Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
- Airports Economic Regulatory Authority (AERA)
- The Air Corporations Act, 1953
- The Aircraft (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) Rules, 2003
- The Aircraft Act, 1934 and the Aircraft Rules, 1937
- The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994 and Rules
- The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008
- The Anti-Hijacking Act, 1982
- The Carriage by Air Act, 1972
- The Civil Aviation Requirements
- The Suppression of Unlawful Acts against Safety of Civil Aviation Act, 1982
- The Tokyo Convention Act, 1975
In addition, firms have to deal with other regular aspects of investment, commercial, contractual and tax laws as applicable to the aviation and aerospace sectors.
This is a fast-evolving field of legal practice; where the Government, Companies and Customers are all trying to keep pace with rapid technological advancements such as drones, self-piloted aircraft, satellite & communication technology and privately owned and operated space-tech.
How to land your dream internship !
If you are interested in learning how to crack the internship application and selection processes at Top Law Firms; enrol into the comprehensive 'How to land your dream internship' online course offered by LawMint.
The course will guide you step-by-step on :
- overview of various legal practice areas,
- choosing the right law firms to apply,
- crafting your resume and cover letter,
- fine-tuning your extra-curricular activities,
- creating video profiles and Linkedln pages that create an impact,
- crafting writing samples & articles, which are required during the application process by many firms,
- how to make an great impression during the internship,
- legal research basics - how to summarize cases for your mentors
- how to maximize your chances of converting an internship into a full-time position
... and much much more.
Register Your Name and email ID inaugural discounts when the course is launched shortly.
India being the third largest importer of arms and defence platforms, the Ministry of Defence in India has laid out an expansive plan for modernisation of obsolete equipment through the Long-Term Integrated Perspective Plan (LTIPP), Technology Perspective & Capability Roadmap (TPCR) and Services Capital Acquisition Plan (SCAP). The entry of various private players into the Aerospace & Defence sector in India necessitates a whole new set of legal practices covering:
- Market Research & Entry Strategy
- Transaction Services and Taxation support
- Supply Chain related aspects
- Technology and Offset Advisory
- Regulatory Services and Bid management
- Contract management and Compliance services
Best Law Firms for Aviation, Aerospace and Defence Practice Internship in 2021 for LLB Students
This list of best law firms is sorted in alphabetical order.
- Advaita Legal – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Advaya Legal – Mumbai
- Agarwal Law Associates – New Delhi
- ALMT Legal – Bengaluru, Mumbai
- Athena Legal – New Delhi
- AZB & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pune
- Bharucha & Partners – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- Brus Chambers, Advocates & Solicitors – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Chandhiok & Mahajan – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai
- Desai & Diwanji – Mumbai, Gurugram, New Delhi
- DSK Legal – Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune
- Dua Associates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Economic Laws Practice – Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai
- Fox Mandal & Associates – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
- Gagrats – Mumbai, New Delhi
- HSA Advocates – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai
- I L A Pasrich & Company – New Delhi
- Ikigai Law – New Delhi, Bengaluru
- India Law Offices – New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram
- J Sagar Associates (JSA) – Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- Jerome Merchant + Partners – Mumbai, Singapore
- Juris Corp – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- K Singhania & Co – Mumbai, New Delhi
- Khaitan & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi, Noida
- Kochhar & Co – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices) – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan – New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur
- Link Legal India Law Services – New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe – Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi
- PDS Legal – Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bengaluru
- PSA Legal Counsellors – New Delhi, Chennai
- RNC Legal (Rajinder Narain & Co) – New Delhi
- Sarin & Co – New Delhi, Chandigarh
- Singhania & Partners – New Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Hyderabad
- Trilegal – Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai
- Tuli & Co – New Delhi, Mumbai
- Wakhariya & Wakhariya – Mumbai